Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chicago Girlz


I have been really into The XX recently. My fellow contributor, Smasher, calls it wrist slitting music, but I happen to think that the young British duo/trio are masters of the outspoken and the ethereal. However, because this blog specializes in the UNTZ, I will give you three remix tracks by The XX that will get you rockin.

This first track is one of the most fun I have heard in a long time. It combines the spiritual sound of The XX with an hysterical flow that depicts the intricacies of those lovely young lasses from the Windy City.


This song provides some Them Jeans beat behind the beautiful voice of Romy Madley Croft (vocalist and lead guitarist). Not a serious latenight jam, but listen for the offbeat cowbell towards the end of the track. It's definitely a keeper.


This final jam from The XX is a tasty one. This track really brings the funky UNTZ off of which the Lazersaurus feeds.


Moving on to a song that I really can't say much about except...DISCO DISCO DISCO!


A driving beat, a building intensity, and a chick who's singing something I can't understand. Fuck yes.


Monarchy is really becoming huge in the blog/indie/hipster circle. Their song "Gold in the Fire" was first introduced by none other than Neon Gold and while I really liked the original version, this remix by Diamond Cut is one of the tracks that will keep me UNTZING all throughout 2010. So poppy and synth driven, it almost has an '80s quality to it.


This next track is for those of you (Blowen) who were into that nerdy science song that I posted back in late November. This is installment two. Very similar idea, but also an extremely cool and beautiful track.


Finally, I also wanted to throw a couple more tracks by Sleigh Bells at ya. I played these two jams for some friends recently and they received high praise. This band has insane amounts of potential. They combine hip-hop-like beats with soft and quirky female vocals. Can't wait till they blow up so I can say I told you so!


I hope everyone had happy and healthy Holidazzzzeee. Off to Passion Pit tomorrow at the House of Blues in Boston with my homegirl Jill (thanks for the ticket!) Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment