Monday, December 28, 2009

ANHINGA

Anhinga |anˈhi ng gə|
A long-necked fish-eating bird related to the cormorants, typically found in fresh water. Anhingas spear fish with their long pointed bills and frequently swim submerged to the neck. Also called darter , snakebird . • Family Anhingidae and genus Anhinga: four species. ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: from Portuguese, from Tupi áyinga.


This post is on the longer side since I need to make up for lost time. I hope everyone had a merry christmas and here are some jams for the New Year. Get your download on.

I typically dislike the Disco Biscuits but this song is a jam. Internet explore it.

Disco Biscuits - On Time


This song is awesome. It's a sick chilled out version of the Carly Simon song with some latin flare added. It's sure to make you boogie.

She's A Tease - Why? (Does your love hurt so much)


Mitch has been bugging me to play steve aoki. So masses, here you go. To its credit, this song is a fucking jam.

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Dance Remix)


This song is very electronic, very trippy, and very cool.

The Swiss - Bubble Bath


This song is awesome. I have come to the conclusion that any song with the word 'Tokyo' is awesome. I love this shit... it talks about time machines and all sorts of other random shit.

Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (CSK OK Remix)


Not new but still good. I like this song a lot. It's chill and good in the car.

Kid Cudi - Up, Up & Away


I typically stay away from all passion pit remixes since I find them all to be mediocre. But, I will say that this song is the balls. Really good and doesn't fuck with the original content too much.

Passion Pit - Moth's Wings (Eric Solomon Remix)

This is a jam. I like it way more than the original. It's much lighter and pleasing to me.

Miami Horror - Sometimes (G.L.O.V.E.S. Remix)


I can't tell you how much I despise the regular version of this song. It is so overplayed. Please play this instead everyone.

Major Lazer - Keep it Goin' Louder (Diplo Remix)


The original is the fucking shit. Get that too. This is a nice little variation though if you're looking for something new.

Classixx - I'll Get You ft. Jeppe (Gigamesh Remix)


This one's been around for a while but for those less blogosavvy. It's good and very catchy

Beastie Boys vs. Matt & Kim - Good Ol' Fashion Rumpshaker


I like this database remix. A little weird and a little angry is always a good mix.

Duchess Says - Black Flag (Database Remix)


This is very funky and strange. Right up my alley.

Just.one.duran - Phone Sex


Very popular but very awesome. I love the progression. Jersey shore battle time.

Crookers ft. Soulwax & Mixhell - We Love Animals (Tons of Friends Remix)


Good song. I don't have much to say about it other than monarchy is growing on me and the song is good.

Monarchy - The Phoenix Alive (Demo)

1 comment:

  1. Original version of Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzqsCX1l84

    ReplyDelete