Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Funday - Instructions and Soundtrack

It is sometime between 12 and 2pm. I peak at my phone and crack a smile. It is Sunday Funday. We start at Les Halles, Anthony Bourdain’s place and this spicy vixen of a waitress brings us our Breakfast martinis with a smile. I could explain, but I’ll leave it to Bourdain.




We leave after a few breakfast martini’s and head downtown for cigars. Lazersaurus Rex is feeling strong and starts doing his famous belly button dance to this song which I cannot stop listening to.

Lindstrom and Christabelle - Baby Can't Stop (Indjut Boys Remix)


We have arrived at the Velvet Cigar lounge – the only BYO cigar place to exist since World War II. And look whom we see! Mr. Smooth has flown in from LA and it feels like a mash up of east coast and west coast rappers set to hard rock. It seems the Black Keys have been mixing it up with some rap artists. The whole album is very good, and not like some cheesy rap rock collaboration.

It goes something like this

BlacRoc - What you do to me


BlacRoc - Done Did It

BlacRoc - Stay off the Fucking Flowers



We listen to this slick jam and head home.

Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance the Way I feel

I lay in bed, room spinning, with a Sunday Smile.

Beirut - A Sunday Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment