Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Options





After being berated for months by both Sprog and Lazor, I decided I should finally stop being a lazy doucher and post

Got Nuffin- Spoon

Their new cd is nowhere near as accessible as the amazing "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" but man do I dig it. This song is especially great. I really love the lyrics, especially the changes Britt Daniel makes to the last line of each chorus.

Jealous of Roses- Bibio

Lover's Carvings- Bibio

Bibio makes laid back, vintage grooves that make you feel like you are stoned, riding a bike in the late afternoon on a sunny spring day. That may sound ridiculous but listen to these two songs and try and tell me I'm wrong.

Saddest Summer- The Drums


I saw The Drums last week at the Bowery Ballroom and it was dank to say the least. Especially when Peggy Wang (the hot hipster Asian from Pains of Being Pure at Heart) came up on stage and joined them for "Don't Be a Jerk, Johnny." However, "Saddest Summer" is my favorite track from their EP. While the band borrows from the Smiths and various other new wave/post-punk groups they are able to construct a sound that is their own. Also the lead singer has kick ass dance moves on stage.

O.N.E- Yeasayer


This song is from Yeasayer's upcoming album "Odd Blood." The album is terrific, as the band doesnt indluge their heady, jam band tendencies as much as they did on "All Hour Cymbals." Its hard to say what my favorite song is from the album because it changes weekly, but for now get lost in the tropical daze of "O.N.E."

We Have Love- Hot Chip

I've heard the majority of Hot Chip's new album and its fantastic, this is definitely one of the more dancier tracks on it. The combination of the chopped up vocals, throbbing beat, and deep synths add up to a fucking jam, can't wait to listen to this in the basement of the Hall but lord knows some douche bag junior is going to change it right at the good part.

Meet Me in the City- The Babies


Tweir gave me this one, but since he hasn't put it up here yet I don't mind ripping him off. The Babies are the result of a few members from Vivian Girls and Woods joining forces, and they definitely still have that lo-fi sound, but this song is way catchier than anything either of those bands has ever put out. Cha chi cha chi cha!

Little Secrets (Felix Da Housecat Remix) - Passion Pit

So this is sort of old, and I'm sure it has already been posted up here, but I never listen to Passion Pit remixes because i think they tend to blow, however this one has proved me wrong. Man oh man what a dirlay dirlay ditty.

No comments:

Post a Comment