Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RHINOCEROS

Rhinoceros |rīˈnäs(ə)rəs| - A large, heavily built plant-eating mammal with one or two horns on the nose and thick folded skin, native to Africa and South Asia. All kinds have become endangered through hunting. • Family Rhinocerotidae: four genera and five species.
ORIGIN Middle English : via Latin from Greek rhinokerōs, from rhis, rhin- ‘nose’ + keras ‘horn.’


I posted a redial remix of Barretso last week and if you liked that then you'll probably like this. This is a loud jam for big speakers and a dance floor or speeding on a highway. Untzological meat and potatoes here.

Redial - Let Me Go (R3SET Remix)


This is the offbeat song of the week and strangely my favorite of the post. I really like this duo from Saratoga Springs. Screw Florence + The Machine. I still don't understand why everyone likes them so much. I think the vocals and lyrics here are way better, not to mention she's much sexier. I think the spacey guitar mixes nicely with the drum machine. Check it out.

Phantogram - Mouthful Of Diamonds


This is a nice little number. This is the feel good song of the post with upbeat keyboard and goofy bass-line. Happy is their deal. Checkout "XOXO". I think you'll see more of this group by the end of the summer.

Butterfly Bones - Ur Hott


Good vocals highlight this 80's revival track. Fans of this should also check out "Lover in the Dark".

Berndsen - In Sight


To agree with Mr. Smooth, I also like everything classixx. However, I like Treasure Fingers even more. There hasn't been a lot of stuff out there recently but you'll be sure to enjoy this one.

Classixx - I'll Get You (Treasure Fingers Remix)


I find little or no resemblance to the original. I like it it nonetheless. Pure untz.

Space Cowboy - Talking in your Sleep (Studio Brussels Remix)


This is my mashup for the week. I would usually hate all this pop smushed together, but for some reason I think it's catchy and it works. I won't lie, there is a lot going on here... some might say too much.

Jason Derulo Feat. Imogen Heap vs. Phoenix - Nineteen Oh What (Chambaland Mashup)


There's also a French-Soler version out there that is more suitable for the dance hall that you should check out. This remix strays less from the original and I think it may be easier for the unseasoned to transition into.

Marina And The Diamonds - Hollywood (Monarchy Gliese Remix)


No untz here. Indie jam with geetar strums and piano keys. Great song even if I don't like all the hippy down with capitalism nonsense in the intro.

The Radio Dept. - Heaven's on Fire


BONUS:

Ellie Goulding - Your Biggest Mistake

No comments:

Post a Comment