Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How Do I Reach These Keedz?



Keedz is a hard act to understand. Is it Justice trying to release a track under a different alias? Is it a new group that samples something that sounds like Justice? As it turns out, this band remains a mystery, even though the song was released a few years back. All I know is this track rocks the shit.


This next track grooves. It's slow and steady and definitely wins the race.


This is one of my favorite songs of the year so far. Van She takes a good song and makes it latenight gold with a perfect driving pulse blended with poppy and dreamlike overtones.


"Ohhh bra, I just totally stomped that tweaked 1040 tailspin." That's what I think of when I hear this song. This one's for Bacon, the bro-iest bro I know.


I guess this track falls in the wonderful and white-hot genre of glo-fi. If you don't understand what glo-fi is, eat a bar of Xanax and go sailing on a perfectly sunny Cape Cod day in August.


After looking at Hypem's 2009 Zeitgeist, I realized how much of an impact Phoenix had on music last year. I found myself listening to songs I know and love by them a lot this month. This remix is a perfect blend of familiarity and innovation.


The forceful synth, which is pedaled throughout this track, invokes feelings of utter joy. I cannot help but smile when hearing this beautiful song.


Here's another rockin' remix of a track by The XX. You cannot help but groove to the arpeggiating synth, which acts as an outstanding backbone for this jam.


Trinity College is rocking the shit out of pop culture right now. Here's new hotness: Alex Kluger ('08) is now DJing under the name Alpha Kilos. Here's his mashup of Fleet Foxes vs. Outkast vs. Lil' Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment