Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Am Thankful for Old Friends, Fried Turkey, Synthesizers, and Kanye West


Title says it all. This past Thanksgiving weekend was one of the best yet. Not only did my family and I whip up a food network worthy feast (see fried turkey above), but I got to spend the holiday with Master of the Untziverse, Mr. Smooth, and our 50 or so other best friends in our favorite place in the world. These tracks were a huge part of our evening successes and failures, so please listen carefully.

Finally. Awesome new Cut Copy. There was a wonderful moment at about 3:45 am on Wednesday night when Mr. Smooth was standing next to the radio from which this song was playing. Sobriety in question, he swayed and proclaimed with amazement, "This is fuckin' great." When I told him it was Cut Copy, he looked at me as if joy washed over him, in an awesome wave.


I love Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, and this remix totally cuts any of their weirdness (for better or for worse) and makes it an anthem. It takes a little over a minute for the song to really get going, but be patient and let your head nod. Apologies, was unable to upload this one to fileden, so mediafire it is.


This song is so damn sexy. It is a perfect slow jam for people to let their groove flow. Also, works well if you have eaten too much turkey and can't move no good.


This song may have been the biggest hit of the weekend. I owe full credit on this one to a person that means a lot to me. For now, we'll call her T. I am a huge Gucci Mane fan and Brenton Duvall just stomps this remix, turning it to an instant latenight classic. You feel as though you've heard it 1,000 times on your first listen, but in the best way possible. Same deal here with fileden, so you'll have to download through mediafire. TRUST ME, it's worth the download.


Kanye's new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy had a huge impact on the weekend. Unfortunately, we can't post free Kanye songs because he will get super mad and maybe get all dark and twisted on us. That being said, the album is freakin' amazing and so is his 35 minute long, MJ'esque super music video, entitled "Runaway". I am personally obsessed with this video and am thankful that Kanye made it. I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment