Monday, November 1, 2010

Beirut Steps Out


As the weather cuts to a chill, I have been delving into the Santa Fe based group Beirut. Their signature sound has sort of traditional eastern European flair to it. They showcase big horns and produce some indie polka typed jams.
They released a double EP in 2009, which is a large departure from their original style. The EP is inspired by lead singer Zach Condon’s trips to Oaxaca, Mexico and various parts of Europe.
The second EP of the two named Holland is an experiment with electro pop. The tracks feature dreamy synthesizers, horns, and David Byrne like lyrics.
It is so different from their typical sound; I thought I would share two of the better licks.


And the more traditional but still great
Enjoy!
M.Untz

1 comment:

  1. I am a collector of well priced artifacts. But I was scared that I would be sued multiply by govt. but you site has given me ways to save my assets. Your information on anonymous banking is a full package of help anyone needs. I appreciate that. Thanks. tax avoidance

    ReplyDelete