Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MONROE

PRESIDENT: 5
STATE: VA

FACT: THIRD PRESIDENT TO DIE ON JULY 4.


I hope you checked out Sunday and Monday with my colleagues, The Master & The Mister. They highlighted some great new songs that I know you will enjoy. Take some time... read and listen. Chilly & 50 interesting combo indeed. The hype for Scissor Sisters is really starting to gear up. With the Gorillaz rocking plastic beach in the same spring it feels like a flashback of five years ago. Awesome.

However, we don't care about five years ago. We care about right now. And what I have right now is a collection of ten (10) Smasher-style house influenced remixes to get you through the mid week. I originally started with a list of 50 and then narrowed that down. This week it was difficult to pull away just 10. With some great Ellie Goulding remixes out there and new Chemical Brothers released it was a busy week in the blogosphere. There are only a couple of curve balls in here.


Two weeks ago I posted "You Want it, I Want it" from the Ontario based duo 'The Girls Can Hear Us' and knew that I had to follow these guys and listen to more. Their music plays, trust me. I love the simplicity. TGCHU is catchy without being cheap and bangs in a car or on a dance floor.








Silver Medallion - Slave (The Girls Can Hear Us Remix)

This is the third installment of the Remix Artist Collective or the 'RAC' that I've posted here. So, if you liked the 'Penguin Prisons' and 'Temper Trap' remixes then you'll no doubt enjoy this recut of "Too Fake". Here's the link to vol. 1.5 available for free on their website. I would also check out the remix of U2's "Magnificent" and the 'Honeythieves' jam that is highlighed in the movie trailer for the upcoming movie "Holy Rollers".








Hockey - Too Fake (RAC Reix)







U2- Magnificent (RAC Remix)

As we all know, Fred Falke's music really needs no description. Along with the previously posted 'Florrie' tracks, here are two new songs infecting everything they touch. The first is Grammy winner Robyn's "Dancing On My Own", which has been played all over the place. Falke gives this song that little extra umpff. Next, here's the remix of Sia's "Clap Your Hands". Die hard fans should check out the "Halfway Gone" remix of 'Lifehouse' but I'll spare you for now. For those of you who know nothing about Fred Falke, here's a little info.








Robyn - Dancing On My Own (Fred Falke Edit)







Sia - Clap Your Hands (Fred Falke Remix)

Lately, I've found myself at Aerial Noise almost every other day. Here's a great Basement Jaxx tune that I've been blasting in the truck. The video is typical basement jaxx oddness too.








Basement Jaxx - Feelings Gone (feat. Sam Sparro) ( Youtube )

I know some of you really enjoyed the original of "Mouthful of Diamonds" that I posted early in April. I think this duo from Saratoga springs produces some really great melodic and spacey music. Alan Wilkis jazzes this baby up making it feel much lighter and more upbeat. While this isn't necessarily my favorite song on the post, I thought you'd enjoy this gem found at earmilk.com .








Phantogram - Mouthful of Diamonds (Alan Wilkis Remix)

Because blogging isn't enough. Interestingly, I've had a couple of requests from some more adventurous readers and listeners for some of the harder stuff in my library. So, without getting too hardcore or dubstep, I've posted this jam from BBC Radio 1's DJ Kutski Saturday Night Free Range Dub mix. Beware of the booms. For those of you looking for some new club jams, try doing some homework on the ARIA site. I got turned on to this in Sydney.

I've also included a preview clip of the Kris Menace remix to Benassi's Space Ship that Tong played in his 24 hour party people mix on Friday night. I can't wait to get my hands on this.








Scott Attrill - Adapter (You Tube)







Benny Benassi - Space Ship (Kris Menace Remix) (You Tube)

This is a great jam that I know you'll definitely love. This remix is loud main room synth, strong persistent bass, and the poppy chorus to match. I don't know anything about Cullen but I dig the song regardless.








Cullen - Easily Impressed (Calling In Sick Remix)

BONUS:







Everywhere (Fleetwood Mac Cover) - Vampire Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment