Monday, November 23, 2009

Raccoon

raccoon |raˈkoōn; rə-| (also racoon) a grayish-brown American mammal that has a foxlike face with a black mask and a ringed tail. Genus Procyon, family Procyonidae (the raccoon family): two species, in particular the common raccoon ( P. lotor), which often occurs in urban areas in North America. The raccoon family also includes the coati, kinkajou, cacomistle, and olingo. ORIGIN early 17th cent.: from Virginia Algonquian aroughcun. The common raccoon's scientific name lotor is Latin for ‘one who washes,’ a name descriptive of the raccoon's habit of using its front feet to forage for food in water.

This first track is as catchy as fly paper. I love it. Especially the line about blackout tendencies. I have been really impressed with all of Tiesto's new stuff. It is more vocally driven with a lot of collaborations. I think it shows that he can change with the times.

Tiesto Feat. C.C. Sheffield - Escape Me


Don't let the title fool you. This song is awesome. It sounds nothing like the original except for the tiny guitar hook. I was actually surprised to see the title of the song after I listening to it for over a minute.

Oasis - Wonderwall (Conor Cutz & DJ Black Remix)


This song is a straight up jam. It is foreign, fast, and weird. Great all around.

Protistas - Mi Pieza (Moustache! Remix)


This is an interesting song. Love the saxophone. Everytime you hear the words "slow down" the song just keeps getting faster and faster. A little strange but go with it.

Gonzales - Slow Down (Minitel Rose Fast Dance Remix) Minitel Rose


For those of you who like Annie, you'll love this song. I'm not sure if it is really in the spirit of chewing gum and heart beat, but Designer Drugs makes this song bad ass.

Annie - Anthonio (Designer Drugs Remix)


Justin Faust + Russ Chimes = Good Music.

Justin Faust - Revenge (Russ Chimes Remix)


I threw this on here for fun. I have been listening to this song for several months now as I hope you all have. It's not even close to new but it's so good I had to post it since none of my untz bros [to my knowledge] have.

Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (Fred Falke Extended Remix)


I went to the Metric concert at The Webster Theatre in Hartford with some friends last Wednesday. They were awesome to say the least. Unfortunately, I was a little too intoxicated and caught up in the tunes to provide you with any sick pictures or footage. However, here's a photo from the end of the show. Go see them live if you have the chance. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Metric - Help I'm Alive


Metric - Help I'm Alive (Barletta Edit)



No comments:

Post a Comment