Wednesday, November 18, 2009

GORILLA



This first jam is a nice Falke cut. I would sum this up as disgruntled trendy chicks talking over techno. It has an Au Revoir feeling to it.

Music Go Music - Warm In The Shadows (Fred Falke Remix)


This is a very mellow song. It sounds similar to a slow Feel it in my Bones by Tiesto. This song has a very subtle trance vibe, however, the lyrics are the focus of the song so it doesn't feel too techno. The girl rocks the shit out of her sappy and depressing lyrics also.

William Fitzsimmons - I Don't Feel It Anymore (George Raquet Remix)


I know this song has been kicking around hype machine from cassette culture or somewhere else. This is a jam. It's all about the mysterious synth and keyboard here.

Phoenix - Fences (Def Starr Version)


This song is awesome. It proves that all you need is a hot chick with a soft voice to make any cover good. I can't tell whether it's more funny or good.

Anya Marina - Whatever You Like (T.I. Cover)


Another good Them Jeans remix. Yeah Yeah Yeah remixes seem endless, but I like this song.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Soft Shock ( Them Jeans Acoustic Remix )


This is probably the first time I've listened to anything Fischerspooner in five years but I like this remix a lot. This song probably has the most action going on of any listed on this post. However, it is still on the more serious side.

Fischerspooner - Supply & Demand (AutoErotique Remix)


Most people have already listened to this puppy but it's good anyway. Hot Chip distorts the shit out of Marvin Gaye. But that trippy echo and off-time percussion make this song sort of interesting.

Hot Chip - Sexual Healing

No comments:

Post a Comment