Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fire Proof

I had the fortune to check out a very slick music venue in Brooklyn last night. Fireproof in Bushwick plays host to a range of up and coming artists from all walks of creativity. They have an outdoor space for performances and an indoor spot for art displays and more intimate shows. I was able to catch up with my friends from Red Wire Black Wire as they finished up their CMJ power tour of half a dozen shows in New York over the span of a few days.

While I was jamming out with them I got to see several new bands including Neighbors. They have a huge group and covered one of my favorite Talking Heads songs. They are definitively a big party while on stage, and I certainly appreciated this very much. They are worth a listen and I thought I would kick you to their myspace page to check it out.

Neighbors

After hitting it pretty hard, I needed some slick tunes to mellow out with. Vetiver is an American group who has a laid back and quirky style. Their music seems strongly influenced by Elvis Costello. Take a listen and I am sure you will be pleased! Check out the Neighbors remix for a good time.

Vetiver – Another Reason to Go


Vetiver – More of this (Neighbors Remix)


Viva la Indietronic

M. Untz

No comments:

Post a Comment