Sunday, September 19, 2010

Candidate for Song of The Year


Every year there are a handful of albums that blow me away. I fell hard for the Black Keys and Phoenix a few years back, and Chromeo’s Fancy Footwork has always been one of my favorites. A few days ago Chromeo released their new album Business Casual and it is rapidly growing on me.

Business Casual, like their others, has an 80s funk style reminiscent of Cameo, Zap and Roger, and some Prince. The album ventures into 80s pop more so than prior works, but also gains musical complexity. It has a light freshness similar to Hall and Oats or Billy Ocean.

The song “I Could Be Wrong” is Chromeo at their best. Dave 1 and P-Thugg teamed with Ezra Koenig from Vampire Weekend to make this masterpiece. It is one of funkiest and smoothest jams I have heard, and I put it on par with “Do it Roger” by Zap and Roger.

What really takes this song to the next level is the ripping saxophone solos. This song is the most potent way to start an instant dance party… anywhere (Apartments, Bodegas, Buses wherever).

I Could Be Wrong - Chromeo ft. Ezra Koenig

For those of you that missed it, here is the video to “Night by Night.” It is a highly entertaining dance bonanza with attractive women.

Have a great night kids!

M. Untz


No comments:

Post a Comment