Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Very Untzological Birthday



I was sitting next to singer and guitar player Jack Penate (who beat me to 25 by about 10 months) when the clock struck 12 to usher in my 25th birthday. After a round from the others of “has your quarter life crisis set in yet”, Jack set a great tone for my 25th year. His outlook on 25 is the same as mine. 25, as he told me, is the time to get settled in, put away the negative and insignificant things in your life, and make your mark on the world. Not a bad thought from the rocker.

He wrote this song to that point.

Jack Penate – So Near

And while you are at it check out this other great tune of his

Jack Penate – Everything is New

I highly recommend buying his album punks, so get at it! - (itunes)

I had the fortune to be invited to sort of house warming party at Vampire Weekend key board player Rostam Bantmanjli’s place last night – Rad because I just posted his collaboration with Kid Cudi (All Summer). Rostam invited over a group of his friends from Julliard. We kicked around a few beers as they sight read classical music and tried out string quartet versions of indie pop songs. It was one of the cooler things I have been to in a while.

Here is a pretty killer clip from Conan of Vampire Weekend with the String Quartet I mentioned above.





Have a great night and best of luck in whatever this week holds for you,

Master of the Untziverse

No comments:

Post a Comment