Thursday, August 19, 2010

JAVELIN // Dog Days


Ahh, the dog days of summer. They have taken their toll on me in a myriad of ways. Between working like a mule, traveling through the Rust Belt, and partying like a there’s no tomorrow, I am a little embarrassed to say that this post comes as my first in over a month. What I have lacked in quantity, however, will be picked up in the quality of this music right here.

I want to take my 10 million candle power striper fishing light and shine it right on Javelin, a raucous duo of from Brooklyn via Providence, RI (in my opinion, the most underrated city in the northeast). I saw them perform a rocking live show a few nights ago at Great Scott in Allston where they tinkered away at their mash of effects machines and synthesizers. If you are into funky, carefully mixed, big beat, party music, then this band is for you. Here are a couple tracks just so you can sample their deliciousness, but I would highly suggest you to pick up their fantastic new album No Mas and if you are in New York this weekend, go see them perform at the Soho Grand Hotel this Saturday.


Javelin - Vibrationz

Javelin - Oh! Centra

Buy their album on iTunes or Amazon


Here are a few additional tracks that I cannot stop listening to:

RAC is just crushing it these days. Here they find a way to take Ed Sharpe’s “Home” to an even more ethereal and powerful level than it already was. This is a great song to listen to with your best friends in the world.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home (RAC Remix)


I know Tweezy posted this a few weeks ago, but goddamn, this is one of the best songs I have heard in a while…so sexy!! not me!!!

Active Child - When Your Love Is Safe (Classixx Remix)


Listen to this tasty treat and move yo’ feet…

Dragonette - Easy (Fabian Remix)


I don’t usually like Passion Pit remixes, but this is more like a cover and Penguin Prison absolutely stomps it.

Passion Pit - Little Secrets (Penguin Prison Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment