Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just Because



We have posted Sebastien Tellier a fair amount in this blog, but I think he deserves a spotlight. Maybe it is because he is my favorite artist at the moment, but his jams are just so painfully slick they deserve proper respect.


He has been hitting a cord with me lately as I try to shake off the winter blues. His music melds electrofunk with the subtle sexiness found in the best American R & B (not as in KC & Jo Jo, or maybe exactly as in KC & Jo Jo).


His instrumentals are complex, but cohesive. There is such a pleasant melody behind each of his tracks that it makes it hard not to bob your head in appreciation. With 10 years of music under his belt I think he is hitting his stride with a unique French sound and personal aesthetic style. Comparisons are tough, but it is not a stretch to call him a contemporary Serge Gainsbourg.


Here are some of my favorites:


Sebastien Tellier - La Ritournelle


Sebastien Tellier – Look - (Dirty Little Secrets Remix)


Sebastien Tellier – Electronic Kilometer (Universe Remix)


And for your viewing pleasure


No comments:

Post a Comment